Azure Virtual Desktop (AVD) is Microsoft’s cloud-based VDI solution and is offered and maintained entirely from the Azure portal. AVD is ARM-based (Azure Resource Manager) and therefore fully integrated in all the solutions within the Azure Portal. This makes it possible to combine multiple features with AVD such as Azure MFA and Endpoint Manager.
Techniques and methods
In this workshop you will work with the following techniques and methods
- Check if all prerequisites are in place for setting up the AVD environment
- Setup your network environment and work with Azure vNet and Network Security Groups (NSG).
- Make fileshares for FSLogix and MSIX app attach on a Azure Storage Account and integrate it with your Active Directory.
- Make a base image with Azure Image Builder and Shared Image Gallery.
- Create a monitoring solution with Log Analytics Workspace and Azure Monitor.
- Setup user profiles with FSLogix and deploy applications with MSIX app attach
- Deploy your first AVD host pool manual and with automation.
- Add additional session hosts to your AVD host pool manual and with automation
- Optimize your AVD environment with extensions, runbooks, function apps and Microsoft Endpoint Manager.
- In two days, learn the theory and practice of AVD ARM and the underlying requirements.
- This gives you a solid basic knowledge to technically roll out and manage AVD ARM for your organization. In the end you will feel comfortable to work with AVD.
- You will work with (Azure) Active Directory, Azure MFA, Conditional Access, PowerShell (Pipelines/Workflows), MSIX App Attach, FSLogix, Azure Storage, Azure Monitoring and the integration with Microsoft Endpoint Manager. In short, a practical and pragmatic course.
(Azure) engineers who have an affinity with Azure and want to know more about Azure Virtual Desktop.
Note for non-technicians: This course has a technical approach and is therefore NOT suitable for professional groups that want to know more at a high level.
The following prio knowledge is required:
Technical experience with Azure is a plus. It is important to be familiar with the Azure Portal, Role-Based Access Control (RBAC), Azure Active Directory, & PowerShell (AZ module).
All the exersices are done within a real (demo) environment. A device with internet connection is sufficient to follow this workshop.
It’s possible to follow this workshop from home via Teams or at your location if you are situated in the Netherlands.
Clear explanation, trainer will go through every step of the process.
This workshop is easy to follow from home. During the assignments you can reach everything.
The knowledge about AVD was excellent. After the workshop he gave me some tips and tricks.